A Jailer is a tool for SQL server database subsetting and relational data browser. Jailer GitHub is introduced by Wisser and is great for solid data testing to assure the quality of the project.
Overview Of Jailer
The main purpose of Jailer is bifold like database subsetting and relational database browsing.
The Subsetter exports continuously, in reference intact row-sets from relational databases, generate topologically sorted SQL-DML, DbUnit datasets, and hierarchically structured XML.
The Data Browser permits bidirectional navigation via the database by following foreign-key-based or commands user-defined relationships.
The jailer job is mainly to extract data from databases and enhance performance by removing outdated and expired entries without violating integrity. API provides programmatic access to export/import functionality. Easy to use and fast to create a subset database and is highly configurable.
How it works
Jailer consists of a few database sample models to assist you to get started with the application and explore its functionality. Also, you can make a new data model from the ‘Connect’ window. The data model keeps information about database tables and the connections between them. Data from these tables can be automatically restored by using the ‘Analyze Database’ option.
To generate a new database connection, you need to choose the DBMS (database management system) you are using from a built-in list and complete a form that must contain details about your alias, JDBC Driver JAR, Driver-Class, secondary JAR, DB-URL, user and password. Once you have entered all this information, you can see the tables and associations contained in the database. Associations can be manually defined by the user to complete the data model. You can also VisualGDB Ultimate Download Free
Key Features of Jailer Setup
- It automatically detects and displays the information on your system.
- Exports consistent and referentially intact row-sets from your productive database and imports the data into your development and test environment.
- Improves database performance by removing and archiving obsolete data without violating integrity.
- Generates topologically sorted SQL-DML, hierarchically structured XML, and DbUnit datasets.
- Data Browsing is done by navigating bidirectionally through the database by following foreign-key-based or user-defined relationships.
- SQL Console with features of code completion, database metadata visualization, and syntax highlighting.
- Version: Jailer 9.2.2
- File Size: 30.6 MB
- File Name: Jailer-Install-9.2.2.exe
- Language: English
- Developer: Ralf Wisser
- License: Commercial Trial
- OperatingSystem: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2000
- Driver: JDBC Driver for RDBMS
- Java JRE 7: Due to HiDPI graphics support, Java JRE 11 (or above) is strongly recommended.