Exiftool is both command-line and Perl library application for viewing, reading, writing and modifying the metadata information for images, audio and video files, with extensive file type support.
Overview Of ExifTool
ExifTool is a freeware USB booter software application filed under disk management and is available by ExifTool for Windows.
Wide Range of File Support
The program backs an extensive variety of file formats, such as 3GP, FLAC, MP3, MP4, GIF, MOV, FLV, AVI, SWF, MPG, PNG, TIFF, and BMP. It has also the feature for processing files in batches, which means you can perform operations for multiple files at the same time. It reduces the operation time of a bundle of files.
You can see the information stored in the raw file’s metadata, rename files as per their creation date, move or copy files into other folders by year and month, get the preview image embedded in raw files, duplicate metadata from one file to another, as well as overwrite actual information with something else.
Any EXIF tags can be modified, copied, erased or extracted from the files, while the tag orientation can be updated. Also, the software application lets you read or write compressed information, save the original date and time stamps for the newly created files, sort and set the file processing order, filter files for processing by extensions, as well as process multiple commands at the same time.
After the complete testing of ExifTool Kali, we have noticed that the application does a task very quickly and without bugs and errors throughout the whole process. Keeping in consideration all aspects, ExifTool online comes bundled with a complete set of dedicated command-line parameters for assisting you to manipulate metadata in a simple way. You can also PHPRunner 2019 Free Download
Key Features of ExifTool
- A complete guide and tutorial are available on how to use ExifTool.
- powerful, fast, flexible and customizable
- Supports a large number of different file formats
- Reads EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP, JFIF, MakerNotes, GeoTIFF, ICC Profile, Photoshop IRB, FlashPix, AFCP, ID3
- Writes EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP, JFIF, MakerNotes, ICC Profile, Photoshop IRB, AFCP and more…
- Reads and writes maker notes of many digital cameras
- Decodes a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma
- Numerous output formatting options (including tab-delimited, HTML, XML and JSON)
- Multi-lingual output
- Geotags images from GPS track log files (with time drift correction!)
- Generates track logs from geotagged images
- Shifts date/time values to fix timestamps in images
- Renames files and organizes in directories (by date or by any other meta information)
- Extracts thumbnail images, preview images, and large JPEG images from RAW files
- Copies meta information between files (even different-format files)
- Reads/writes structured XMP information
- Deletes meta-information individually, in groups, or all together
- Sets the file modification date from EXIF information
- Supports alternate language tags in XMP, PNG, ID3, Font, QuickTime, ICC Profile, MIE and MXF information
- Processes entire directory trees
- Creates a text output file for each image file
- Creates binary-format metadata-only (MIE) files for metadata backup
Technical Aspects of ExifTool
- Version: ExifTool 11.81
- File Size: 6.2 MB
- File Name: exiftool-11.81.zip
- Language: English
- Developer: Phil Harvey
- License: Commercial Trial
System Requirements for ExifTool
- OperatingSystem: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2000, UBUNTU, Kali, Linux, Mint
- Perl: 5.004 or later.